IMO 2016 will be hosted by the International Mathematical Olympiad Hong Kong Committee Limited with the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology as the Host University and the Education Bureau of the Hong Kong SAR Government as the Supporting Organisation.
The Olympiad is scheduled to take place from 6th to 16th July 2016 and will be attended by over 100 countries all over the world. Uganda is one of the countries invited from the continent of Africa and will be represented by eight participants that is the Team Leader, Deputy Team leader and six Contestants.
The following participants will represent Uganda in this year’s Olympiad
- Sekitto Joseph – St. Marys’ College Kisubi
- Sunday Lucky – ST Marys’ Rusohoroza
- Musingo Ivan – Namilyango College
- Naigaga Kirunda – Sharifah Nabisunsa Girls’ School
- Waiswa Brian – Victor Namilyango College
- Muwambi Timothy – Musoke Turkish Light Academy